HISTORY

Club de Pesca was founded in 1938 by a group of amateur sport-fishermen, many of whom lived along Avenida Miramar in Manga. The Club has occupied the Pastelillo Fortress since 1943, having been granted the custodianship, conservation, and care of this National Property. The Club continues to maintain the Fortress as a public historic site attracting Colombian and foreign tourists throughout the year. 

 

One of the founders, “Pepino” Mogollón, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, developed a strong attachment to the sea while living in the United States. He returned to Cartagena energized by his new hobbies; swimming, sailing and sport fishing.

 

When “Pepino” returned to Cartagena in 1936 he quickly began building “lightning” type sailing dinghies in the carpentry workshop of J.V. Mogollón y Cía. -the company founded by his father. These sailing dinghies became very popular amongst his friends and were soon adapted for fishing as well. This group of friends: “Fucho” Román, José Vicente Trucco, Roberto de la Vega Gerlein and “Jimeneco” and Pepino, would go on to found Club de Pesca.

Contact

Fuerte San Sebastian del Pastelillo, 

Calle 2, #16-18, Manga

​​Admin: (+57 5)660 5578 - 660 5579

Dock: (+57 5) 660 6615

El Kiosco Lunch Orders: (+57) 313 545 2469

contacto@clubdepescadecartagena.com

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
PngItem_228597.png
Fuerte San Sebastian del Pastelillo

The abandoned Fuerte San Sebastian del Pastelillo sometime in the 1930's before The Club became custodian of the landmark.